Your First Appointment (12 point check)
At Aesthetic smiles we welcome all patients for general, cosmetic and advanced dentistry. We aim to keep you healthy and put you at ease during your visit.
When you visit us, our friendly reception team will greet you and will advise you to complete medical and dental questionnaire, which will help us to know you better.
At each 12-Point Dental Health Check including mouth cancer screening, our dentists assess the overall health of your mouth in each of the following areas:
- We will ask your awareness of your dental health when you attend us
- Are you concerned about any aspects of your dental health?
- Do you have medical conditions, or are you taking any medicines, which are likely to impact on your dental health?
- Is the appearance of your smile how you want it to be? Are you happy with it?
- We will examine your teeth to ensure they are healthy and strong.
- We will examine fillings and other tooth restorations to ensure their stability and health.
- We examine the health of your gums – because we know this is essential if your teeth are to last a lifetime!
- We check for any plaque in the mouth (this causes damage to mouths – but can be managed to maintain health!).
- We will perform Mouth cancer check- includes examination of the inside of your mouth (including tongue, cheeks, lips, floor and roof of mouth) to ensure optimum health. We also check exterior of your mouth and neck for any possible signs
- We also examine any signs of tooth wear /grinding or clenching and also health of you jaw joints.
- We check under, inside and between the teeth for any problems.
- Lastly, we check the quality of bone as this is essential for supporting teeth.
We will then tell you how healthy we find you in each area and provide details of treatment options and choices and provide a detailed proposed treatment plan with written estimate of costs.